BUSI/COMM 335 – Information Systems
Review Questions – Data Organization
1. Why is file management important for overall system performance?
2. Describe how indexes and key fields enable a program to access specific records in a file.
3. Define and describe the indexed sequential access method and the direct file access method.
4. List and describe some of the problems of the traditional file environment.
5. List some of the benefits of a DBMS
6. Describe 3 principal database models and the advantages & disadvantages of each.